Experience a mountain village stop and stay at the Holy Smoke Inn B&B located at 5956-4th. Ave. right next to the local’s favorite watering hole, the Blue River Legion Branch #213. The unique Holy Smoke Inn B&B is operated by Robin & Patricia and offers sled from your door accommodations with easy access to the alpine champagne powder!
You can virtually sled right from your door! Secured parking for your sleds, trailers and equipment. This B&B has all amenities that include a 52” plasma TV with satellite, free wireless access and a walk-in drying room. Book early as this popular accommodation fills fast! Open year round.
For summer travelers, the Holy Smoke Inn B&B is only 2 blocks away from the Beautiful Eleanor Lake with its sandy beach, showers and full concession. Exploring the mountain via ATV or 4x4 is another popular summer activity.
• Canoeing: We have 16 rugged rental canoes, safety equipment included, that are waiting for you to explore the lakes around Blue River. The most popular one is Murtle Lake, which has over a hundred kilometres of shoreline and very scenic wilderness campsites. Before you plan this trip please consult our Murtle Lake info, the www.explorewellsgray.com/murtlelake web page or e-mail us at email@example.com to get all the necessary information about this trip.
• For Kids only Program at the campground. There is a little sandbox for kids with all kinds of toys and mini basketball hoop located right by the office building. Kids gather there to play and parents love to hang out with a coffee and watch them enjoying the afternoon sunshine. Kids bicycles and bicycle helmets, badminton rackets, street hockey equipment and basketball and soccer ball can be used free of charge. ☺
• Swimming at Eleanor Lake, which is only a five-minute drive, or ten-minute walk from the campground. The fine sandy beach is perfect for kids and adults alike. The beach house offers snacks, drinks and ice cream as refreshments. The beach provides a diving tower, docks, rafts and a slide. A Volley Ball court, a Gazebo, a kid’s playground and a few fire pits make this park enjoyable for young and old. The footpath around the lake is ideal for an evening walk.
• Fishing: Rainbow trout, Kokanees and Dolly Varden
can be found in the lakes and rivers around Blue River. Campground staff knows the secret spots to go to, as we always enjoy watching our guests barbecue their catch on the campground. Fishing licence and equipment are sold in our store on the campground. The advice is free. ☺
• Cycling and Mountain Biking: Touring bikes can be rented at the campground. Helmet and bike locks are included. There are many easy trails and roads that will lead you through beautiful, untouched Blue River scenery. There is some awesome cross-country mountain biking next to the campground. Advanced riders can enjoy technical and challenging climbs and downhills on a course that has entertained bike camps and Canadian mountain bike champions alike.
• Hikes and Nature Walks: Those who love to hike and to explore will be pleased to find networks of trails by the river, and behind the campground. Wildlife sightings of eagles, deer, moose and bears are possible. We sell bear bells and bear spray in our little store on the campground.
• All other Winter activities: Enjoy all the winter sports and activities our Wonderland has to offer. Cross-Country Skiing, Snowboarding, Heli-skiing, Skating, Tobogganing and more.