Things to do in the Blue River Area:
• Canoeing: We have 16 rugged rental canoes, safety equipment included, that are waiting for you to explore the lakes around Blue River. The most popular one is Murtle Lake, which has over a hundred kilometres of shoreline and very scenic wilderness campsites. Before you plan this trip please consult our Murtle Lake info, the www.explorewellsgray.com/murtlelake web page or e-mail us at
to get all the necessary information about this trip.
• For Kids only Program at the campground. There is a little sandbox for kids with all kinds of toys and mini basketball hoop located right by the office building. Kids gather there to play and parents love to hang out with a coffee and watch them enjoying the afternoon sunshine. Kids bicycles and bicycle helmets, badminton rackets, street hockey equipment and basketball and soccer ball can be used free of charge. ☺
• Swimming at Eleanor Lake, which is only a five-minute drive, or ten-minute walk from the campground. The fine sandy beach is perfect for kids and adults alike. The beach house offers snacks, drinks and ice cream as refreshments. The beach provides a diving tower, docks, rafts and a slide. A Volley Ball court, a Gazebo, a kid’s playground and a few fire pits make this park enjoyable for young and old. The footpath around the lake is ideal for an evening walk.
• Hikes and Nature Walks: Those who love to hike and to explore will be pleased to find networks of trails by the river, and behind the campground. Wildlife sightings of eagles, deer, moose and bears are possible. We sell bear bells and bear spray in our little store on the campground.
• Fishing: Rainbow trout, Kokanees and Dolly Varden can be found in the lakes and rivers around Blue River. Campground staff knows the secret spots to go to, as we always enjoy watching our guests barbecue their catch on the campground. Fishing licence and equipment are sold in our store on the campground. The advice is free. ☺
• Cycling and Mountain Biking: Touring bikes can be rented at the campground. Helmet and bike locks are included. There are many easy trails and roads that will lead you through beautiful, untouched Blue River scenery. There is some awesome cross-country mountain biking next to the campground. Advanced riders can enjoy technical and challenging climbs and downhills on a course that has entertained bike camps and Canadian mountain bike champions alike.
• River Safari: This amazing tour, ten minutes away from the campground, is available every day from 9am-4pm during the summer months. Each boat accommodating up to ten guests and one guide will travel 12 km through the spectacular Grizzly Bear Valley. Enjoy the action. www.riversafari.com
• Helicopter Sight Seeing: Mountain View Helicopters will take you up to the skies from June to September to view the spectacular mountain scenery around Blue River. This company also offers familiarization flights for the aviation enthusiast who likes to take control. After a pre-flight ground briefing to discuss the basics of helicopter flight you will be piloting an aircraft under the supervision of an experienced Transport Canada certified instructor. www.MountainViewHelicopters.com
• All other Winter activities: Enjoy all the winter sports and activities our Wonderland has to offer. Cross-Country Skiing, Snowboarding, Heli-skiing, Skating, Tobogganing and more.